Garsington Opera presents Peace in our Time? 6th July 2014A special commemorative festival focusing on the Beethovenian ideals of brotherhood, freedom and the elusive goal of peace. More
Waddesdon Manor at WarDrawn from the archive and Rothschild memorabilia collections, Waddesdon will look at the Manor and Estate during the Great War from the perspective of the family and staff.
Oxford Inspires is the cultural development agency for Oxfordshire. We create new opportunities for arts and heritage organisations, nurture new festivals and spectacular events and work to engage as many people as possible in exciting and enjoyable cultural experiences, raising Oxfordshire's profile as a cultural destination within the UK and internationally. We collaborate with cultural organisations across Oxfordshire to support their ambitions and to help them to reach a wider audience.
Oxford Inspires joined forces with Visit Oxfordshire in 2012 under the umbrella title of Experience Oxfordshire. Experience Oxfordshire is focused on creating an environment where cultural organisations and tourism businesses thrive.
The focus of our work is as follows:-
• Creative Programmes: Coordinating partnership events and festivals which bring people together and raise Oxfordshire’s profile as a world class county for culture;
• Creative Learning: Encouraging partnerships between schools, cultural organisations and artists to enhance children’s learning;
• Creative Connections: Fostering partnerships between cultural organisations and other sectors which allow artists to be innovative and ambitious, making the arts available in new ways and to new audiences;
• Creative Capacity: Making the case for culture, attracting new investment, promoting arts and events and helping cultural organisations to grow;
• Creative Spaces: Consulting on new places to create or to experience a high quality of arts and culture in Oxfordshire.
Useful link to cultural job opportunities in Oxfordshire: Oxonarts
Useful link to funding opportunities in Oxfordshire: OCVA and Culture Fund